Tuesday, October 11, 2016

TWO_POEMS

SMILE
I opened my eyes, to this world unclean
Cold and raw, it can be so mean.
Will knock you down in a second’s time,
Steal your joy as if a crime.
Harden your heart, cause you to be

just as the torrential sea,
Leave you breathless and gasping for air,
Having you think your sanity isn’t there.
But in the midst of chaos came through a light.
Shinning on me, shinning so bright.
It illuminated all things around me.
Uncovered beauty that I didn’t see.
I was so focused on the dark and grey,
I almost missed my blessing that way.
You, see no matter how hard life may hit,
That light is always there that always lit.
The problem is we get blinded,
By our burdens and we can’t find it.
But like the little white bird up in the tree,
That rises and sings for me.
I’ll choose each day to see the lining,
around the clouds that always shinning.
Won’t be deterred, not even for a while,
Because through it all I choose to smile.





HER STORY

This is her story, you may not believe,
So much more than the heart can perceive.
She’s a fighter and you’ll understand why,
She’s not the one to give up and cry.
She’s not hardened by the circumstances that have been,
As a matter of fact, she loves them deeper within.
This is her story, she doesn’t need very much,
Just understand her world as you touch.
We’re all little bruised and broken too,
Scars and battles we’ve fought through.
She carries burdens you’ll never know,
She carries burdens you’ll never know.
Because on the outside, she doesn’t show.
Naïve? That she’ll never be.
Life has taught her to see clearly.
This is her story, read through her pages,
As you look in her eyes, you’ll see all the stages,
They tell her life from beginning to end,
Stare deep inside as her soul opens
She’s a book, the best one to read,
Full of love, hope and sweet mystery.



-          MS. V. ANJALI KRISHNAMURTHY
B.A.  SOCIAL SCIENCE I YEAR


Copyright © YUVAAN All Right Reserved
Designed by Jay @ Open w3.